.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}


News / Blog
hand head man Jewelry Catalog
Photography
Poetry
Decor
WebCam
hand head man on deviantArt.com
hand head man on StumbleUpon
...
More to come
...

Contact hand head man


The Blog

Thursday, October 07, 2004

:-(

Disregard the previous post about social networking, at least as far as my pages. I am canceling them all. I've never had any success making lasting relationships of any sort and that still holds true, as I've very recently been painfully reminded. For me, it's a pointless exercise and it just makes sense for me to give up.

I suppose this now puts me on par with every whiney emo kid who bemoans their loneliness and posts bad poetry, yet I'm in my 40s. How pathetic is that? I should be used to being alone by now but it still hurts to try to connect and have it all fall apart. These days my time to failure is measured with a stopwatch instead of a calendar. The cycle is just too tiresome to continue so I'm reeling in my lines. I'll abbreviate the bad poetry to bad haiku:

Happiness comes close
But along comes the dreaded
"It's not you, it's me"

I make jokes while I cry. What else can I do? I feel like shit. Still, maybe I'll try this again in another two years...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home