.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}


News / Blog
hand head man Jewelry Catalog
Photography
Poetry
Decor
WebCam
hand head man on deviantArt.com
hand head man on StumbleUpon
...
More to come
...

Contact hand head man


The Blog

Thursday, April 06, 2006

Fate hates

Arrgggghhhh! Fate hates a man who doesn't back up his work. I was writing something long, and complex, and emotionally draining and just as I was thinking of saving what I had so far, my screen turned into a frightening, pixelated hodgepodge of colors. :-( I thought, "maybe it's just my video card", and pressed Ctrl+S, typed a filename, and pressed enter, hoping to blindly save what I had put off writing until I couldn't stand it anymore and made myself remember things that troubled me to get them out, out to see if I could find relief. Then this. This is the sort of thing that drives people crazy. Another 5 seconds and I'd have had it saved. It wasn't just the video card. After waiting for a miracle to restore my video, many Ctrl+Alt+Deletes, and some sobbing, I poked a paperclip into the assigned hole on the computer to reset it and found my attempt to save my work was a failure. Just like me. I'm not sure when I'll try again. It seems everything is falling apart around me... and in me.

2 Comments:

Blogger littlebitofsonshine said...
Blogger Fwk said...

Not tht I know much but i love how you did the furniture pure greatness in redoing it and wow at the cool things you come up with .Bless you allways be safe walk in peace allways and i pray your angle comes back to you but as the faith of life goes

Sunday, April 09, 2006 7:56:00 PM

My computer recently died and I lost 5 years of writing. Your pain is understandable.

Monday, August 14, 2006 1:59:00 PM

Post a Comment

<< Home